Video South designed the first room dedicated to this purpose in 2000. The brief was to allow professionals on two or more sites to conduct case conferencing relating to the immediate management of current patients. This demands the use of high quality videoconferencing and designing rooms specifically for this function.
For this initial installation we developed a room with good local presentation and seminar facilities, which had integral videoconferencing. This allowed the very easy showing of high quality images and data in a discussion that could be conducted at natural speed between colleagues.
Since then, we have installed many such rooms, and are the acknowledged experts in the creation of MDT rooms. Our standard design has evolved to meet the needs of health professionals in many cancer networks and cardiology groups, providing digital excellence solutions that deliver significant time and cost savings.
- rooms having 2, 3 or 4 data display screens
- displays can be projectors or large format monitors
- screens must be suitable for the display of radiology and pathology
- excellent local seminar and presentation facilities
- networked videoconferencing, usually on N3
- all connections at full 1080p and 60fps smooth motion
- audience microphones – speak anywhere in the room
- PACS integration
- patient record display
- pathology microscope display
- multi-site participation
- user operation by class leading touch panel control