Video South provides advice and configures systems in a wide range of telemedicine applications involved in patient care.
We provide a range of options for telemedicine applications, which allow engagement with remote experts to aid in diagnosis, expert advice and direction during a procedure, teletraining and videoconferencing for patient and department management.
Video South has designed an all-in-one outpatient telemedicine trolley, with network connectivity via IP and ISDN. The unit has dual LCD monitors to confirm incoming and outgoing images and a docking point to allow these images to be displayed on larger monitors.
Accessories include a digital stethoscope to allow the remote party to listen to an exact digital copy of the local unit. This has proved suitable for all auscultation. There is a close-up camera which is hand held and comes with its own lighting (around the lens) and filter selection for skin lesions.
The trolley has a powerful Cisco codec and so can dial up remote centres worldwide. The operation of all facilities is via a cordless handset.
- face-to-face camera
- high angle camera for patient examination
- medical imaging input for ultrasound (live) or X-ray or physiological monitor
- video disk or USB drive to record session
- PC/laptop input, which is also suitable for radiological archive
- aux video input
The audio facilities include:
- high quality loudspeaker with volume control
- fixed microphone within the trolley, which is usually enough for all operators
- cabled microphone, usually used if patients or relatives are involved
- private headset/microphone for confidentiality or noisy environments
- input for echo etc.
As a partner of Cisco in healthcare, Video South can also offer the standard product.
- small footprint using five-star wheelbase
- flat screen TFT monitor
- ISDN, IP and wireless connectivity
- ideal for limited space applications such as in A&E or ITU